The Myocarditis Foundation 5th Annual Patient, Family and Researcher Meeting
5th Annual Family Support Meeting: June 23, 2017 and optional second day on June 24, 2017
The 5th Annual Family Support Meeting will be at the Empire Hotel in NYC on June 23, 2017. This will be a one-day event, with an optional fun event on the 2nd day if you would like to attend.
The Empire Hotel is located at 44 West 63rd Street New York, New York 10023. Hotel phone number: (212)265-7400.
Depending on your airline is dependent on what airport you will probably be flying to. You can fly into any of the 3 airports in the New York/New Jersey area, and here are some pointers:
- LaGuardia Airport (NY) is the closest to the city and the least costly to get to the city from via Uber or Taxi. There are no public transit options from there to get to Manhattan (NYC)
- JFK Airport (NY) has the most traffic getting into the city via Uber or Taxi. I was told there is a $45.00 flat fee to get from JFK to Manhattan, but cannot guarantee that. There are public transportation options that can get you from the airport to the city. LIRR (train) and subway ride.
- Newark Airport (New Jersey) has a rail service as well into Manhattan (NYC) or you can take an Uber or Taxi.
Parking Garage: If you drive, there will be parking costs in the attached parking garage at a rate of $40.00 per day for Self Park and $60.00 per day for Valet Park.
The Empire Hotel Room Rate is: Discounted at $249.00 per day, plus taxes. (It comes out to approximately $289.00 a day) Reservations #: (855)265-7400 and mention Myocarditis Foundation Block. Cut off date that the rooms will be released from the block is May 22, 2017. There are many other hotel and AirBnB options in NYC at lower costs.
There are no reservation costs for those attending the Family Support Meeting on Friday, however, if you choose on Saturday, there is a breakfast for those taking the 2 hour Sightseeing Bus Tour. There is a $30.00 per person fee. Breakfast will be 8:30am to 10am, and then the Sightseeing Bus will pick us up at the Hotel at 10 am and bring us back at 12 pm. Thus, if you are looking to leave on Saturday, you could still attend the Sightseeing Tour and catch a plane later in the day if you choose. The room rates are good from Wednesday until Sunday, so Saturday afternoon/evening would be good for a Museum trip, Broadway play (matinee or evening performance), Dinner, etc., there are many options!
Tentative Schedule for Friday June 23rd Family Meeting:
- Light breakfast and beverages
- Introduction of all members in attendance (Board and participants)
- Dr. Price and Dr. Cooper will be speakers with Q&A time
- We are looking into a 3rd physician speaker
- Mixer Game
- Family Discussion on the impact of Myocarditis on our members
- Motivational Speaker, (a father who lost a child) will speak to us
- Research update
- Foundation Update
- Saturday (Optional Breakfast and Sightseeing Bus Tour) [Ends at 12 noon]
Program Ads: $100.00 Donation for a full page Ad and $50.00 Donation for a half page Ad
Please consider placing an Ad or memorial post in our Program / Agenda for the Family Support Meeting.
All Full Page Ads that are placed in our Family Support Program will also appear in the Gala/Fundraiser Program Journal.
Please consider honoring and sharing about your loved one with a paragraph and a picture, making it very real for everyone reading the Journal, who does not know Myocarditis, to better understand.
Ads and pictures must be to Gen@myocarditisfoundation.org by May 15th please.