Join Us in Finding Answers and Helping
The Myocarditis Foundation is the only nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting people with myocarditis and raising awareness of the health issues that this condition causes. Our goal is to advance knowledge about this illness to help better diagnosis and treat the thousands of people affected by it every year. Whether you or someone you know has been affected by myocarditis or you are just looking to serve a greater purpose, there are many different ways to support the work of the Myocarditis Foundation. We could always use a helping hand – if you’re ready to lend one, here are just a few ways you can contribute.
Download our Myocarditis and Giant Cell Myocarditis Brochure here.
Download our Pediatric Myocarditis Brochure here.
Download our Myocarditis and Sudden Death Fact Sheet here.
Download our The Myocarditis Foundation Brochure here.
Download our Faces of Myocarditis Flyer here.
Download our Myocarditis Information Flyer here.
Download our By-Mail Donation Form here.
Make a Donation
Since our organization is a nonprofit, we rely on donations to fund our operations on a day-to-day basis. Donating money is a generous act that will help support many of our activities. Some of the programs your gift enables include:
- Delivering information to patients and their families
- Educating emergency room nurses
- Collecting a blood sample for research
- Building blood sample kits
- Maintaining the worldwide myocarditis clinical database
Your donations are tax-deductible and can be given once or on a recurring basis. You may also make a donation to honor a loved one. If so, you might consider sending them one of our all-occasions Tribute Cards, to show them how they inspired you to contribute to our work. Another option is to set the Myocarditis Foundation as your preferred charity on AmazonSmile, where 0.5% of your purchases will be donated on your behalf.
Attend an Event
If you’d like to engage with the community supporting myocarditis research, the Myocarditis Foundation offers a packed calendar of events. Attend a symposium focused on myocarditis education for laypeople or professionals, or join a golf tournament for a fun way to raise money toward a cure. Raising awareness among the public through these events is an essential facet of our mission, as too few individuals, doctors, and healthcare professionals truly understand this complex disease. Not to mention, helping out and meeting new people is fun!
Plan a Fundraising Event
If you’re passionate about raising funds to support those affected by myocarditis, we invite you to plan an event of your own. You have the freedom to determine what type of fundraiser you’d like to host, allowing you to create events that accommodate groups of all ages. Some favorite ideas include:
- Casual dress day at work
- Corporate fitness event
- Company bake sale
- Matching donation campaign
- Dinner or reception
- Wine tasting
- Community walk, color run, dog walk, or Tough Mudder event
- Service-learning project
- Sporting event
- Alumni/student gear sale
- Trivia night
- On-campus lecture
- Dorm or learning building decorating contest
- Fraternity and sorority philanthropy projects
High School Students
- Spirit day
- Car wash
- Orchestra/choir performance or a battle of the bands
- No-uniform day
- Principal challenge
- Spaghetti, pancake, or other community dinner
- Overnight lock-in
- Pajama or silly dress-up day
- School sleepover
- Recycling drive
- Haunted house, Christmas cookie bake-off, or other holiday-themed event
- Craft fair
- Talent show
The Myocarditis Foundation may also provide informational materials and speakers to raise awareness at your event and inspire attendees. We encourage you to promote your event with flyers and social media, as well as by posting it on our website.
Download our Third-Party Fundraiser Guidelines here.
Download our Third-Party Fundraiser Application here.
Download our Third-Party Agreement here.
Facebook fundraisers are easy to create and a great way to generate contributions for the Myocarditis Foundation. You can host a fundraiser for your birthday, to memorialize a loved one, or just because, and there’s no need to find a venue or recruit volunteers. Best of all, Facebook takes no fees from donations given via their fundraisers, so 100% of every contribution goes directly to helping those affected by myocarditis.
To host a Facebook fundraiser, follow these steps:
- Log into your Facebook account, then visit the fundraisers page.
- When a pop-up with fundraiser options appears, choose “Nonprofit” from the available choices.
- Use the search function to find the Myocarditis Foundation.
- Next, you’ll have the opportunity to specify the amount you’re hoping to raise and the end date for your fundraiser.
- Give your event a catchy title or use the default name suggested by Facebook.
- Facebook will automatically provide text that explains our mission and why your friends and family should consider donating. However, you can also add your own explanation. This is a great choice if you or someone you love has been affected by myocarditis, as personal stories inspire people to act.
- Choose a cover photo. Facebook will provide options, but you can upload a photo of a loved one, our logo, or any image you prefer.
- Create your fundraiser, and don’t forget to remind followers to donate!
Promoting your fundraiser is easy – you can post status updates that explain why you’re raising funds or even make a personalized video. Donations will be distributed within 45 to 75 days whether you reach your desired goal or not, funding critical research, awareness-raising, patient support, and more.
Not A Blank Canvas Display
Another way to improve your fundraiser is by taking advantage of our Not a Blank Canvas traveling exhibit. The exhibit includes portraits of myocarditis survivors or the families of those who have fallen to it, along with their stories. Get in touch with us if you’d like to know more about using the exhibit for your event.
One of the most effective ways to bring about change is to contact your state and local representatives to raise awareness. Having government funds directed towards myocarditis research goes a long way in the search for a cure. Elected officials also have the ability to bring the disease into greater public awareness, either through creating a Myocarditis Awareness Day for your area or by attending fundraisers. So, if you are planning a fundraising event, consider reaching out to elected officials in your area to increase your event’s influence.
I Want to Volunteer
Generously giving your time is just as important as making a financial contribution. If you’d like to volunteer with the Myocarditis Foundation, there are many ways to help. Whether you can give a few hours per week or several days each month, we’re grateful for the hard work and dedication of every volunteer who supports our mission.
For more information about volunteering, please send your name, address, phone number, and email address to email@example.com, and a representative will be in touch shortly with additional details.
All Help is Welcome
Don’t forget the simple ways to spread awareness about myocarditis as well. Talk to your friends and family members and encourage them to learn more and get involved. Together, we can make the progress needed to treat and cure this disease. To learn more about how you can get involved, please contact the Myocarditis Foundation today. Join the search for a cure on social media by following us on: