Plan a Myocarditis Fundraising Event to Help End Sudden Death!
Fundraising Event Ideas and Resources
With the dedication and enthusiasm of individuals and groups nationwide, we are able to raise dollars and awareness about myocarditis through fundraising events. Organizing an event is a lot of fun but events require a lot of planning and attention to detail. Be creative! When deciding on an event, be realistic about the amount of time, money and support you have.
Fundraising Event Ideas
- Golf tournament
- Cocktail/Dinner Receptions
- Sports Event
- Garage Sale
- Bake Sale
- Local restaurants or bars donating a percentage of evenings proceeds
- Lemonade Stand
- Walk a Thon
- Bike a Thon
- Dance a Thon
- Run in a 5K or marathon
- Climb a mountain
- Service Learning Project
- Wedding donation
- Birthday contribution
- A tribute party to honor a loved one
- A class project
- A virtual marathon
- Bowling tournament
- Unused book sale
- Wine and/or chocolate tasting
- Hosting a booth at a marathon, county fair, town festival, etc. to raise awareness
Choose a Date for the Event
Schedule your event at a time that does not conflict with other events in your community.
Contact the Myocarditis Foundation
Promotion and Publicity
There are many ways to get the word out about your great event, including word-of-mouth, letters, e-mails, posters, print, and radio and television media.
- You may want to procure a celebrity guest who might be willing to use their celebrity.
- Choose an individual or medical professional to honor for their work in the field of inflammatory heart disease.
Other Great Ideas
- Get corporate sponsors to support your event.
- Get local businesses to donate silent auction items for your event.
- Raffle donated items such as vacation homes and time-shares or wine at your event.
Publicity and Advertising
The more people that know about your event, the more successful it will be. Start early and spread the word about your event as soon as you set the date, time and location.
The Myocarditis Foundations mission and your personal experience are connected. The more personal your event is, the more support your event will receive in your community.
Post the Event on Our Website
Please send us an email with the following details to gen@MyocarditisFoundatin.org:
- City and state of event
- Location – street address or school or business name
- Start and end time of event
- Any other event details including name of organization or host
Awareness & Informational Downloads
Use the links below to download and print materials for your event. All materials have been written by myocarditis experts and staff of the Myocarditis Foundation. If the proceeds of your event will come to the Myocarditis Foundation, you can request pre-printed copies of these documents to be mailed directly to you.
- Myocarditis and Giant Cell Myocarditis Brochure (PDF, 250 KB)
- Pediatric Myocarditis Brochure (PDF, 285 KB)
- Myocarditis and Sudden Death Fact Sheet (PDF, 117 KB)
- The Myocarditis Foundation (PDF, 130 KB)
- Faces of Myocarditis Flyer (PDF, 12.9 MB)
- Myocarditis Information Flyer (PDF, 3.5 MB)
- By-Mail Donation Form (PDF, 229 KB)
The Myocarditis Foundation is pleased to offer our Not a Blank Canvas traveling exhibit to those hosting an event to benefit the Myocarditis Foundation. This exhibit is dedicated to explaining this poorly understood, difficult to diagnose disease. The traveling exhibit consists of posters created by survivors of myocarditis or families who have lost a loved one due to myocarditis, telling their story through their own words. It is a powerful display of the effects myocarditis has on families around the world.
Please contact us if you are interested in using Not a Blank Canvas at one of your upcoming events or would like information on how to become a part of our traveling exhibit.
Not a Blank Canvas Information Sheet (PDF, 1.8 MB)
Not a Blank Canvas Poster Book (PDF, 47.4 MB)
Download These Documents in Planning Your Event!
General Events Planning Guide (PDF, 68 KB)
Fundraising Guidelines 2016 (PDF, 220 KB)
Special Event/Fundraising Budget Form (PDF, 51 KB)
Must be completed along with any checks within 10 days of the fundraising event.
Candace’s Tips for Holding a Successful Fundraiser (PDF, 23 KB)
Shop on Amazon.com with a portion of your purchase going directly to the Myocarditis Foundation. Just click the link to start shopping! www.smile.amazon.com
If you have any questions about planning a myocarditis fundraising event, please contact Gen directly at (281) 713-2962.