Helping You Get Answers
Resources for Myocarditis Patients and Families
When faced with a major life change, strength can often be found in numbers and education. To help people affected by myocarditis, the Myocarditis Foundation offers both educational and community-building heart disease resources. In what follows, patients and their families can learn more about myocarditis and how they can garner support during this new chapter.
NOTE: We do not endorse any of the following organizations and don’t guarantee the accuracy of any of the following websites, nor do we guarantee that their messages will resonate with everyone. Furthermore, aside from its own resources, the Mayo Clinic does not endorse any of the following organizations or resources.
Read Our Brochures
When faced with uncertainty, education can provide people with much-needed answers. For example, by learning about myocarditis symptoms and treatment methods, patients can prepare themselves for the possibilities that their futures hold. That’s why we offer several informative brochures for anyone who needs them, including the following:
- Myocarditis and Giant Cell Myocarditis Brochure (PDF, 250 KB)
- Pediatric Myocarditis Brochure (PDF, 285 KB)
- Be Alert to Myocarditis in Children: A Guide For Physicians (PDF, 372 KB)
- Adult Myocarditis: Recognition and Diagnosis (PDF, 265 KB)
- Myocarditis and Sudden Death Fact Sheet (PDF, 117 KB)
- The Myocarditis Foundation (PDF, 130 KB)
- Emergency Room Form (PDF, 162 KB)
Browse Internet Resources
Beyond our downloadable guides, those looking for dependable information about myocarditis, giant cell myocarditis, pericarditis, and related conditions can consult the following resources:
- The United States Department of Health and Human Services
- The National Library of Medicine
- The Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD): Myocarditis
- NORD: Giant Cell Myocarditis
We also recommend that patients and their families visit the Mayo Clinic’s website. Here, they can gain insights from the Mayo Clinic Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, view its myocarditis page, and explore its patient care and health information.
Find Comfort with Grief Resources
When patients with myocarditis pass away, their loved ones are left to grieve their absence. At the Myocarditis Foundation, we want you to know that you aren’t alone. Not only do we offer an e-support group called the Inspire Online Myocarditis Community, but we’ve also compiled the following list of resources for you to utilize:
- Three Kings Ministries: Access resources from Chris Ann Waters, a Three Kings Ministries grief specialist.
- Grief Net: Join an internet community of people grieving the losses of their loved ones. Access their child and adult services.
- The Compassionate Friends: Find specialized support following the passing of a child.
- Hospice: View Hospice’s bereavement resources to help you navigate through the stages of grief.
- Journey of Hearts: Explore helpful resources steeped in medicine, psychiatry, and the arts.
- Help Guide: Learn how to support a grieving loved one.
- The Dougy Center: Explore information about grieving children and their loved ones, as well as how to find local grief centers.
Organizations You Can Trust
Today, many organizations fight alongside the Myocarditis Foundation for the betterment of patients all around the world. These institutions include, but are not limited to, the following:
American Heart Association
7272 Greenville Avenue
Dallas, TX 75231-4596
Tel: (214) 373-6300
Fax: (214) 373-0268
Toll Free: 1-800-242-8721
Outside US: +1 (214) 570-5978
Also see: www.childrenscardiomyopathy.org & www.clinicaltrials.gov
British Heart Foundation
Greater London House
180 Hempstead Road
London, NWI 7AW
NIH/National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute Information Center
9000 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20892
Phone #: (301) 496-4000
Childrens Cardiomyopathy Foundation
HFSA: Heart Failure Society of America
Other reputable organizations include the Heart Failure Society of America (HFSA), the National Institute of Health’s Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center (NIH GARD), and NORD.
Join the Fight
Myocarditis affects millions of people each year. At the Myocarditis Foundation, it’s our goal to support those with this disease and their loved ones. To achieve this, we offer a bevy of resources for patients, physicians, and members of the general public. And to make our work possible, we rely on the support of people like you. To learn how you can get involved and support the Myocarditis Foundation, call us at 281-713-2962 today.