The Myocarditis Support Community is Now Online
The Myocarditis Foundation has partnered with Inspire, the leading social network for healthcare support, to offer a free online community to allow Myocarditis patients and caregivers to support and connect with each other.
Inspire was founded in 2005 and now serves over 1.2 million participants in over 200 communities. The communities feature rare diseases, cancer, neurological diseases and chronic diseases. It features over 3,000 defined medical conditions.
About The Support Community
- Community members can share personal experiences about symptoms, treatments, emotional support and caregiving
- Members can create personal profile pages, diaries, start conversations and comment on others’ discussions.
- Inspire cannot be used to provide medical treatment advice, for commercial use, fundraising, product promotion or event promotion.
- Content is moderated by Inspire professionals for adherence to their guidelines for effective participation.
To Join The Support Community
- The Myocarditis Support Community on Inspire can be anonymous, or you can share as much of your story as you like
- Visit myocarditis.inspire.com to view discussions about Myocarditis and access useful links.
- To participate in discussions and share other information you’ll need to register with an email address. Visit myocarditis.inspire.com and click on Join or Join Now then follow the instructions. After creating an account you will be able to create new discussions, comment on existing discussions, create a personal profile page, create a blog or diary, and establish friendship links with others. You can share as much or as little of this information publicly, with community members or no others at all at your discretion.
- Inspire communities work in partnership with over 100 national advocacy organizations linking information between the organizations and their related missions
- There are several Inspire communities related to heart diseases, but none directly addressing the unique scenarios related to Myocarditis until now
- Inspire does not replace the valuable information on the Myocarditis Foundation website..