In many cases, professionals who want to perform heart disease research lack the resources they need to do so. That’s why the Myocarditis Foundation proudly sponsors myocarditis research grants to help researchers as they hunt for a cure. We provide the recipients of these grants with a $50,000 stipend over the course of one year, allowing them to fully explore their projects and break ground in myocarditis research.
This amount does not include additional funding for benefits, travel and/or other costs associated with research. At the end of the grant period, recipients should be well-prepared to seek long-term funding from the National Institute of Health (NIH) or other major granting institution.
The Myocarditis Foundation 2023 Submission deadline, for the 2024 Academic Year Fellowship Grant, is December 1, 2023.
To be eligible for a Myocarditis Foundation Research Grant, applicants must:
- Apply within 10 years after earning an MD, PhD or equivalent degree
- Conduct all research activities in the U.S. or Canada
- Work with a preceptor who demonstrates a proven commitment to myocarditis research and will provide support during the application process
- Provide a five-page or less research plan that details a hypothesis, goals, background and/or significance, preliminary data, methodology and expected results
- Prepare a cover letter, supporting letter from the applicant’s preceptor and short biographies of both applicant and preceptor
- Include a letter of recommendation from the preceptor
Grants are awarded through a peer review process conducted by our Medical Advisory Board based on scientific excellence and relevance to myocarditis research overall.
Please see additional information regarding applying for the Fellowship Grant on our website here.