Dr. Katelyn Bruno, has been a key participant in the Myocarditis Foundation for over 10 years. Initially, she volunteered to help at our fundraisers in whatever manner we needed her for, often accompanying Dr. DeLisa Fairweather to Foundation events . She headed the Myocarditis Foundation’s media outreach as our Director of Communications in 2013. Dr. Bruno was a key participant when we updated and revised our website in 2016. It was in 2016 that she also became the Assistant to the Secretary of the Board of Directors.
Professionally, Dr. Bruno earned her PhD in Environmental Health Sciences at Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, with her Thesis: Effect of Environmentally-Derived Sex Steroids on Coxsackievirus B3 myocarditis: focus on Vitamin D and bisphenol A.
Briefly, some of her other accomplishments:
- Research Fellow in the Department of Cardiovascular Medicine at Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fl, 2016-2019.
- Adjunct Faculty Member, University of North Florida, Dept. of Biology, 2018-current.
- Instructor of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Dept. of Medicine, Jacksonville, Fl, 2018-current.
- Research Associate, Mayo Clinic, Dept. of Medicine, Jacksonville, Fl, 2019-current.
- Instructor of Biology, University of North Florida, Dept. of Biology, 2020-current.
Dr. Bruno will be transitioning from her previous roles at the Myocarditis Foundation to undertake the new position as Secretary to the Myocarditis Foundation Medical Advisory Board. We thank you for all that you have done for the Myocarditis Foundation and welcome you to your new position with our International Medical Advisory Board!