The Myocarditis Foundation would like to thank all of our families, friends, researchers, clinicians, professionals, and staff who helped to make our 2012 such a successful year. The Myocarditis had the following successes in 2012, all thanks to our wonderful supporters:
- Awarded two research fellowship grants
- Held our first Myocarditis Foundation Research Event in Chicago, IL. It consisted of a symposium for medical professionals, a research collaboration session, our first face-to-face board meeting, and allowed for families to come and share their stories with the board and researchers
- Attended and supported the International Symposium on Inflammatory Heart Disease in Marburg, Germany.
- Created our new and beautiful website
- Held four successful Myocarditis Foundation fundraising events
- Received donations from hundreds of individuals and family fundraisers (thank you so much!)
- Created two new brochures, written for medical professionals on myocarditis and pediatric myocarditis
- Received two grants: one from St. Jude Medical Foundation, and one from Asahi Medical
- Was featured in the March edition of the magazine Runner’s World (thank you M.A. for making that possible!)
- Began efforts in political activism, working to bring awareness and funding to myocarditis and its research
- Began efforts of international outreach, focusing on Europe, Asia, and Africa.
We know our 2012 year was successful because of the wonderful families that hold countless fundraisers and awareness events all over the country, and now world! Many of these fundraisers are in the wake of a terrible loss, making these accomplishments all the more special.
Myocarditis brings unbelievable pain to so many families and disrupts the lives of so many patients. The Myocarditis Foundation exists to raise awareness about this disease while working to fund research to find answers to the many questions myocarditis raises around the world.
While we wish we did not have to meet all of you under such circumstances, we are truly honored to know you and extend our sincere thanks for all that you do for the Myocarditis Foundation. We thank all of our supporters from the bottom of our hearts and look forward to the successes that 2013 will surely bring.