PLEASE WEAR RED TOMORROW
Tomorrow, Friday September 29th is World Heart Day.
Please wear RED to raise awareness for the day. When people ask you why you are wearing Red, share with them a little about Myocarditis and help raise awareness for it.
- Considered a rare disease but is believed to be more prevalent than previously thought
- Frequently caused by viruses
- Often misdiagnosed as asthma, bronchiolitis, stomach virus, and pneumonia among others
- Affects males more than females
- Affects otherwise healthy, athletic children and young adults
- Is a major cause of sudden death in children and young adults
- Early diagnosis is the key to improved outcomes
Please visit the Myocarditis Foundations Website to learn more…